Good financial habits start early. Teach your child about responsible money management with GCCU’s Youth Share Account, available to all kids aged 17 and under. Your child will learn the value of earned interest, and a Youth Share Account is a great way to save for a new car or college tuition. Statements are provided and dividends are paid quarterly. When a child turns 18, the account converts to a Prime Share Account.
- The minimum balance to open Share Certificates (CDs) is only $250.
- Enjoy the Relationship Advantage on Share Certificates when enrolled in eStatements.
All Youth Accounts require a parent, legal guardian or other adult family member as a joint owner on the account. If you are a member and would like to open a Youth Account for a child aged 17 or under, you will be asked to provide the following items:
- Child’s birth certificate
- Child’s social security card
- $10.00 to open the account