Open an Account
When you bank with GCCU, you’re more than just a customer— you’re a member, a co-owner and family.
Our membership is open to those who live, work, worship or attend school in Tompkins, Schuyler, Tioga, Chemung, and Steuben Counties, New York, and Bradford and Tioga Counties, Pennsylvania. Please review our field of membership to determine if you are eligible to bank at GCCU.
What you’ll need to open an account or be added as a joint owner to an account:
- Social Security number (or ITIN)
- Valid government-issued photo ID (driver’s license, state ID, passport, military ID or government employee issued ID)
- Proof of current address if different from photo ID (USPS change of address form, utility bill, recent pay stub, copy of lease or deed, vehicle registration)
- $10 opening deposit for your Prime Share Account
If you are a member and would like to open an account for a child aged 17 and under, you will be asked to provide the following:
- Child’s birth certificate
- Child’s social security card
- $10 to open the account
If you have any questions, please contact us for more details. We look forward to welcoming you to our growing family!