To all Guthrie Federal Credit Union Members:
Guthrie Federal Credit Union (GFCU) is committed to making available financial products and services that will enable you to meet your financial needs and reach your financial goals. Protecting personal information and using it in a manner consistent with your expectations is a high priority for everyone associated with GFCU.
- GFCU will collect only the personal information that is necessary to conduct our business. That means just what is necessary to provide competitive financial products and services - no more.
- GFCU will protect your personal information. GFCU will maintain strong security controls to ensure that member information in our files and computers is protected. Where appropriate, we will use security-coding techniques to protect against unauthorized access to personal records, ensure accuracy and integrity of communications and transactions, and protect member confidentiality.
- You will always have access to your information. As a member of GFCU, you will always have the opportunity to review your information and make necessary changes to ensure that our records are complete and accurate.
- GFCU will only share information when necessary. GFCU will only share information to administer the products and services we provide, when required to do so by the government, or when we partner with other businesses to offer a broader array of products and services.
- GFCU will partner only with businesses that follow strict confidentiality requirements. The businesses we select will offer products designed to enhance our members economic well-being. Under no circumstances will we authorize these firms to charge your account without your express consent, and we will not sell member information to telemarketing firms.
- GFCU will offer you a choice in how your information is used. Any member of GFCU may elect to keep their information from being shared with our business partners. GFCU will inform you on how to exercise your choice, and we will take all reasonable steps to make sure your requests ate followed. At least, once a year, we will remind all members of your right to choose.
Information Collected and Stored Automatically
For site security purposes and to ensure that this service remains available to all users, this CU employs software programs to monitor network traffic to identify unauthorized attempts to upload or change information, or otherwise cause damage.
For site management, information is collected for statistical purposes. Computer software programs are used to create summary statistics, which are used for such purposes as assessing what information is of most and least interest, determining technical design specifications, and identifying system performance or problem areas. No personal information, such as your name or address, is collected or used for this analysis. We collect no information which would identify you personally.
We automatically collect and store only the following information about your visit:
- The Internet domain (for example, "xcompany.com" if you use a private Internet access account, or "yourschool.edu" if you connect from a university s domain) and IP address (an IP address is a number that is automatically assigned to your computer whenever you are surfing the Web) from which you access our web site
- The date and time you access our site
- The pages you visit and the result of the request, such as an image or query
- Other status codes and values resulting from the Web server responding to the request received: HTTP status code, Windows NT code, number of bytes sent, number of bytes received, duration (in seconds) to fulfill the request, server port number addressed, and protocol version.
Information Collected from E-mails and Web Forms
When you send us personally identifying information, for example, in an electronic mail message containing a question or comment or by filling out a form that E-mails us this information, we use this information to fulfill or respond to your requests. We may store these requests to provide us with information for future improvements to our Web site. We may forward your E-mail to other government employees who are better able to respond to your request. This CU may also use this information to help us do our work. We do not create individual profiles with the information you provide. This CU does not give, sell or transfer personal information to third parties, unless required by law.